• USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning Toolkit Pathways
A guide to a range of resources on each on these three topics, following major themes within topics, such as the use of performance indicators in monitoring. For evaluation, separate pathways guide you to resources for Performance Evaluation and Impact Evaluation.
• E learning http://elearning.evalpartners.org/
An introductory e-Learning programme on Development Evaluation established by UNICEF and IOCE, under the EvalPartners, initiative. The programme comprises an introductory class, fixed courses, independent units and a “create your own course” option in which you can create your own e-Learning course on “Introduction to Development Evaluation” by selecting the ten units (out of the courses available) that are the most relevant to your work.
• BetterEvaluation: Better Evaluation is an international collaboration to improve evaluation practice and theory by sharing information about options (methods or tools) and approaches.
• 3ie: 3ie, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation, funds impact evaluations and systematic reviews that generate evidence on what works in development programs and why. It is an international grant-making NGO promoting evidence-informed development policies and programs, with the aim of making development more effective and improving people’s lives
• American Evaluation Association: The American Evaluation Association (AEA) offers virtual professional development opportunities, including: 20-minute long webinars or “Coffee Break Demonstrations” designed to introduce audience members to new tools, techniques, and strategies in the field of evaluation, and eStudy webinars, 3- or 6-hour webinars provided by evaluation’s top presenters in multiple 90-minute sessions. Many of these resources are only available to members, however AEA365 A Tip per day for evaluators is available to non member who can request by email subscription.
• MEASURE Evaluation: MEASURE Evaluation is the USAID Global Health Bureau’s primary vehicle for supporting improvements in monitoring and evaluation in population, health and nutrition worldwide. MEASURE Evaluation has developed and applied a variety of tools to improve decision-making in the health sector, and also offer in-person and online trainings.
• In particular, MEASURE Evaluation has made 30 sets of M&E training materials available in various languages for trainers to use and adapt. The training material have been designed by MEASURE Evaluation experts and collaborators for workshops. https://measureevaluation.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/30-sets-of-me-training-materials/
• MyMandE: MyMandE aims to share knowledge on country-led M&E systems worldwide through an online platform. It facilitates the strengthening of a global community, while identifying good practices and lessons learned about monitoring and evaluation in general, and country-led M&E systems in particular. MyMandE has offered several e-learning courses on topics such as development evaluation, equity-focused and gender-responsive evaluation, and emerging practices in development evaluation.
• Monitoring and Evaluation News at www.mande.co.uk
A news service focusing on developments in monitoring and evaluation methods relevant to development programmes with social development objectives. The website also contains resources on methods of monitoring and evaluating the progress and outcomes of development aid programs, big and small.
• ALNAP: ALNAP, the Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action, seeks to improve humanitarian performance through increased learning and accountability
• Designing a Results Framework for achieving results – A How to Guide. Independent Evaluation Group Strategy, Learning, and Communication, World Bank Group, 2012
• A step by STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR BUILDING A RESULTS FRAMEWORK
Differences between Monitoring & Evaluation. Step 1: Set an Appropriate Objective. Step 2: Identify the intermediate results. Step 3: Clarify the causal linkages between results. Step 4: Identify critical assumptions. Step 5: Complete the results framework. Step 6: Next steps.
• Building a results framework about tips – USAID
Results. Framework represents a development hypothesis or a theory about how … design monitoring and evaluation systems. Information from performance.
• Results Framework (RF) | Project Starter — USAID
A Results Framework (RF) graphically displays the results USAID intends to achieve … This Results Framework Indicator Annex template has been developed to … and the relationship between these program logic models and project design.
• Designing a results framework for achieving results: A how … – K4Health
This guide provides how-to guidance for developing results frameworks and also provides various examples of results frameworks used at various levels.
Monitoring and evaluation frameworks
• Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework template | tools4dev
As with most things in international development, there is no standard definition of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework, or how it differs from an M&E …
• How to design A Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for a Policy Research Project
Note: An M&E framework can also be called an evaluation matrix. One of the most popular downloads on tools4dev is the M&E framework template.
• Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks (3 parts)
A clear framework is essential to guide monitoring and evaluation. A framework should explain how the programme is supposed to work by laying out the components of the initiative and the order or the steps needed to achieve the desired results.
• How to develop a monitoring and evaluation framework — Knowhow …
From Know How non profit, this is a public wiki.- Developing a monitoring and evaluation framework helps clarify which pieces of information to collect to evidence your story of change.
• [PDF]monitoring and evaluation framework – Innovation Network
How to design A Monitoring And evALuAtion frAMework for A poLicy reseArch project 3 focus. This guidance note focuses on the designing and structuring.
• [PPT]Monitoring and Evaluation: Frameworks – MEASURE Evaluation
Monitoring and Evaluation: Frameworks for Malaria Programs. Learning Objectives. At the end of the session, participants will be able to: Identify and …
Theory of Change
• Theories of Change: Concentrating on the Truth of the Work. By Doug Reeler and Rubert Van Blerk-2017
• Theory of Change – Development Impact and You – DIY Toolkit
• 10 Great Resources for Creating a Theory of Change …
• [DOC]Theory of Change – The Open University
The Theory of Change is termed a ‘theory’ because development pathways are complicated and can be difficult to predict. For the same reason, throughout this module the word ‘model’ is used to describe the process or the tool. … Now have a closer look at the Theory of Change template used in the DIY Toolkit.
• Theory of Change Template | seToolbelt
This template interactively walks participants through creating a theory of change for their organization. It should be used together with the Keystone Tool
• Developing a Theory-of Change Logic Model For Your Program
Evaluations for Specific Sectors
• Practical Guide to Monitoring and Evaluation of Rural Development Projects http://www.ifad.org/evaluation/oe/process/guide/index.htm
Scope: Development, installation and use of effective project-level M&E systems as tools for impact-oriented management
• Agricultural Policy Monitoring and Evaluation 2017
• Monitoring and Evaluation of Climate Change Adaptation: Methodological Approaches
Ayesha Dinshaw, Susannah Fisher, Heather McGray, Neha Rai, Johan Schaar, Pages:: 41 in OECD Environment Working Papers
• National Climate Change Adaptation: Emerging Practices in Monitoring and Evaluation